Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Beau Biden's Campaign Kicks Off Today

Of course, that'll happen when Carl Danberg is sworn in as the new Attorney General here in Delaware. He'll only serve for about 11 months or so, until Beau Biden beats some lamb offered up by Republicans just so they can say they tried. I wonder though if he'll be his own AG, or if he'll just campaign for baby Biden all year? I just hope the answer I want and the right answer are both the same.

I'm worried though that this will be a rather weak AG's office this year. Danberg has made it clear from the get go that he's only doing this because Biden is letting him. That's not exactly inspiring to the citizens of Delaware. Especially from someone who is supposed to uphold the law.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Mark said...

From what I have been reading, I think Danberg comes attached with his own legislative/administrative priorities and so I do not think he will be a puppet for Beau. This morning's News Journal has an article about Danberg's plan for the office. He wants to stay the course on the office's committment to prosecution (obviously) and not shake up the structure (why do it if someone else will be coming in to do it next year?), but he suggested he wants to add DAGs (from what I hear they need them). I think that is ambitious enough for a one year term.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger jason said...

So who is the lamb from the Republican side going to be? Not that it matters much I guess.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Nancy Willing said...

Cel Cohen covers this with a little more bite. She hints that Danberg comes from a political family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home