Saturday, November 05, 2005

Cinderella's Insurance Rates Go Up

Was cruising around Millsboro this weekend when a damn pumpkin popped along the side of the road, exploding and leaving seeds and goop all over my fender. I was none too pleased. Who do these rednecks think they are?!?! Lucky for me though, the state legislature is thumbing their nose at doing anything to keep Punkin Chunkin in southern Delaware after this year. Just a bunch of rednecks drinking beer all weekend is far less classy than being a run down golf course up north, and all those legislators from New Castle damn well want you to believe it. Besides, if you keep the event going down here there are fewer hotel rooms at more expensive rates for them when they feel like gracing us with their presence. And really, the highlight of every trip to my watering hole comes whenever I get to hang out with someone from NCCO so that I can be given a lesson on class and manners. Legislators from upstate, telling us what we deserve, and we're better off for it. Lets hit the golf course now, though if I'm allowed to come, I'll make sure to keep the pumpkin innards here in Sussex. KA-BOOM!

5 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Nancy Willing said...

I really, really, really want to keep our chuckin' in DE......what is the matter with the farmer's down there...are there not any land owners willing to host this??
Unbelievable!!

Why isn't Minner getting her tourism office on top of this.
This is as unique to DE as you can get. I am proud that this year we went international!

And cable TV doesn't exactly get to DE very often.....Jeez Minner, think of the free advertising for our state and the bragging rights for our farming community......some good old boys downstate thought this up and I love them to death for it.

There ought to be a law to keep in instate!

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy - good points. Is anyone certain that Minner is still around? Silent on the prison issue, the highway funds issue. Where the hell is she?

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Arthur Dales said...

Still in bed.. that Thermaflu takes time, baby.

Dales

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Nancy Willing said...

It is too weird to have Minner in AWAOL status, huh?
Jane Brady in robes of justice? I hope all who read up on DE criminal justice (and lack of it) are as disturbed by this turn of events as I am.

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least our high school educated gov is leaving us alone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home