Monday, October 24, 2005

How Is This Funny?

The controversy around these spoiled Cape Henlopen High students continues on WGMD's airwaves, at least on Dan Gaffney's show (and thanks for the plug, Dan). Taken from a link provided by Dan on his station's message board, apparently this is considered funny now.

I'm hardly laughing. But what's even funnier to me is how cool these kids think they are. I mean really, how cool and how tough can you be if you've got to hide in mommy and daddy's house and then cover up your face to point a gun, toy or not, at a camera? I've had guns pointed at me where the idiot didn't bother with covering his face and hiding in his parent's house. That kid wouldn't have the balls to do anything like that, I guarantee it. This front he and other idiot students are putting on is such a pathetic attempt at being cool, it's become just another example supporting the idea that maybe we as a society really have become a bunch of sackless pansies. Too bad there's no real way of making these kids put their money where their mouths are, since they wouldn't have to travel very far to get put into their places. And it's also too bad their parents have allowed their kids to not only remain immature through willful neglect and intentional ignorance, but they've also shielded them from any real accounatability for their actions. Parents, remember you have the right to have a child, but you also have the responsibility to raise it. Too many seem to have forgotten the harder part of the bargain.

8 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Mike M. said...

I don't know why Gaffney and the rest of the cons would get all up in arms because of that picture. The kid's just defending the Second Amendment conservatives so heartily love to defend. This is the kind of thing liberals like myself should be swuawking over.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Arthur Dales said...

Actually, Sonny, it's a minor felony to do what he did -- to create a mock firearm by painting an air gun a special color to help it look a fright. There was just a bust in the Boston area of people doing the same thing. However, Listening to the recent show, I think Gaff is more upset now because of the blatant references to being shot in the face by these little sluts. They are trying to intimidate him and threaten his life, public figure or not, you can't threaten someone's life.

 
At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Dan Gaffney said...

Mahaffie; another caring liberal heard from. I know your are giddy with glee over threats to my person, (this was one of at least five) but please stick to the issue. You may support gun crimes, but I do not.

 
At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Hube said...

Dan: That Mike M. above is not Mahaffie. FYI.

 
At 5:09 AM, Anonymous dan gaffney said...

My apologies to Mr. Mahaffie. I made an ass of u and me. Meanwhile I propose a ban on any new bloggers named Mike M. Mahaffie gets grandfathered in, (his site is very nice btw) and the other Mike, (the dufus one) can stay if he changes his name to Jack Asstor.

Sound like a plan?

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous ScottQ said...

Mike's site is nice, yes, but mine is prettier.

Now I just need some content...

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Mike M. said...

Dan! How ya doin' old buddy? No, I don't support gun crimes. I do support laws that make it tougher for criminals to buy guns, though. Do you? I'm also not "giddy with glee" at threats to your "person." If you think that dumb punk is actually a threat to you, then you are just a loony as he is. Furthermore, I actually defended you and told the kid to tone it down and shut up via my own myspace account. I think I may have slapped a little sense into him, though he's still young and will likely do what he wants. And thanks for the kind words. You're welcome to post at my site anytime! I've got my own living, breathing democracy over there. Almost a year going and I've banned no one and censored no comments! Ain't democracy grand?

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Nancy Willing said...

DownwithAbsolutes rules!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home